Ağan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Ağan power station is a proposed 1,580-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Çanakkale province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Biga, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Çanakkale province.
Background on Plant
In 2016 Doğanlar Holding submitted an EIA for a 1,540 MW coal plant in Biga. The plant would use imported coal. The prelicence (ÖN/5763-6/03334 issued under the name DD Elektrik) expires September 2018.
In April 2018 a lawsuit filed by several environmental groups resulted in the Council of State nullifying the positive EIA for the project. A new positive EIA was submitted in July 2018 for a plant consisting of two 790-MW units.
- Sponsor: DD Elektrik
- Parent company: Doğanlar Holding
- Location: Biga, Çanakkale province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.4498229364831, 27.3043556213368 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 2 x 790 MW
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "SWECO TÜRKİYE, DD ELEKTRİK’İN ÇANAKKALE’DEKİ AĞAN TERMİK SANTRAL PROJESİ ÇALIŞMALARINDA YER ALMAKTADIR," Sweco, Dec 1, 2016
- "Çevreciler Ve Termikçileri Birleştiren Proje!," canakkaleicinde, Jan 5, 2016
- "Elektrik Piyasası Önlisansları," EMRA, accessed April 2018
- From the Council of State to Ağan Termik's EIA report, Enerji Günlüğü, Apr. 15, 2018
- New EIA report prepared for Ağan Termik, Enerji Günlüğü, Jul. 24, 2018
Related SourceWatch articles