AES Hickling Generation Plant
AES Hickling Generation Plant was an 86.5-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by AES near Corning, New York. It was retired in 2008.
- Owner: AES Hickling LLC
- Parent Company: AES
- Units and In-Service Dates: 37.5 MW (1948), 49 MW (1952)
- Location: 11884 Hickling Rd., Corning, NY 14830
- GPS Coordinates: 42.122556, -76.982417
- Electricity Production: 0 MW (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
In 1999, AES purchased six power plants in New York (including the Hickling station) from NGE Generation, Inc. for $953 million. The other stations included in the deal were AES Somerset, AES Cayuga, AES Greenidge, AES Westover, and AES Jennison.
- CO2 Emissions: 0 tons (2005)
- SO2 Emissions: 0 tons (2005)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 0 tons (2005)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "AES completes acquistion of six power plants in New York with total capacity of 1424 MW", Business Wire via High Beam Research, May 14, 1999.
- New York PSD Settlements: AES and NRG Cases, 4cleanair, Jan. 27, 2005.
- EIA 860M, EIA, accessed May 2020
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|