AM/NS Calvert LLC
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
AM/NS Calvert LLC is a 1500-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) electric arc furnace (EAF) steel plant in Alabama, in United States. AM/NS Calvert LLC operates a electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Calvert, in United States.
- Location: 1 AM/NS Way, Calvert, AL 36513, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 31.148446, -87.990521 (exact)
- Plant status: proposed
- Start year: 2023 (anticipated)
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company: ArcelorMittal SA [50%]; Nippon Steel Corp [50%]
- Parent company PermID: 5000030092 [50%]; 4295877313 [50%]
- Owner: AM/NS Calvert LLC
- Owner company PermID: 5080030500
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 1500.0
- Electric arc furnace (EAF): 1500
- Steel product category: finished rolled
- Steel products: hot-rolled, hot-rolled pickled and oiled, cold-rolled sheet, advanced coated products
- Steel sector end users: automotive; building and infrastructure; energy; steel packaging; transport; tools and machinery
- Workforce size: 1604
- ISO14001 certification: yes
- Main production equipment: electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Detailed production equipment: EAF
Articles and Resources
- "Latest Developments in Steelmaking Capacity 2021" (PDF). OECD. Archived (PDF) from the original on March 20, 2022. Retrieved March 20, 2022.
- "AM/NS Calvert". ArcelorMittal USA. Retrieved March 20, 2022.
- "Calvert Fact Sheet" (PDF). ArcelorMittal USA. Retrieved 2022-04-14.