ASTARC power station
ASTARC power station is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Maharashtra, India.
The photo below shows Nagpur district, the approximate location of the project.
On its website in 2014, the company describes the status of the project as follows:
- "ASTARC Power Private Ltd. (APPL) is in the process of establishing a 1320 MW Coal Based Super Critical Thermal Power Project in Nagpur District of Maharashtra state. In March 2010, Energy Department of Government of Maharashtra has issued a "Letter of Support" to APPL for setting up 1320 MW Thermal Power Plant in the state of Maharashtra. The coal required for the power project will be secured through long term coal linkage of indigenous coal. All required statutory clearances for the project including permissions like water supply, rail linkage etc are in advanced stage of processing. The proposed site for power plant is well connected by rail and road."
The company listed the following milestones:
- Letter of Support issued by the State Govt. of Maharashtra in March 2010
- About 1000 acres of non-irrigated, single crop land Identified with no rehabilitation, no resettlement and no environmentally sensitive issues*
- Detailed Project report (DPR) prepared in June 2010
- Stack height Clearance for construction of 275 M Chimney has been obtained from Airport Authority of India already.
- Land acquisition is in advanced stage
- In-principal Grant for Water Obtained already. Scheme for water lifting finalized through detailed technical studies.
- Coal linkage application filed with Ministry of Coal. Letter of Assurance (LOA) from Ministry of Coal is under processing.
- Terms of Reference (TOR) for 2X660MW capacity have been prescribed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) and Draft REIA/EMP report is prepared.
- Tata Consulting Engineers (TCE) , Bangalore has been appointed as Owner's Engineering Consultant for the project.
- Notice Inviting Tender (NIT) for sourcing of BTG Package through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) floated on 16thJune 2011 & Sale of Tender Completed on July 15,2011. Further activities related to bidding are in progress.
- Notice Inviting Tender (NIT) for BOP to be floated shortly.
- Activities related to tie up for Long-term & Short-term power sale in progress.
- Grant of Connectivity to Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL) is being processed.
- Manpower for Project Management is in place.
- Project is on fast track of development.
The project received a terms of reference in 2010. However, as of April 2015 the project has yet to receive environmental clearance, and appears to be abandoned.
Sponsor: ASTARC Power Pvt Ltd
Location: Pandhartal & Khursapar villages, in Lohra tehsil (or Umred tehsil), Nagpur district, Maharashtra
Coordinates: 20.8637844, 79.2737389 (approximate)
Capacity: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
Projected in service:
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits and applications: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, March 12, 2010
Related GEM.wiki articles