|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Abadan-Ahvaz-Arak-Tehran Pipeline is an crude products pipeline under construction in Iran.
The pipeline starts in Abadan and runs to Tehran, Iran.
- Operator: National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC)
- Parent company: Ministry of Petroleum of Iran
- Capacity: 300,000 bpd
- Length: 650 km / 404 miles
- Diameter: 8, 12, 14, 20, 26, 24 in
- Status: Operating
- Start Year:
- Financing: $240 Million
According to a February 2019 announcement by the Iranian Oil Ministry, the 650 km pipeline is one of 20 concurrent projects of the NIORDC. The Abadan-Ahvaz-Arak-Tehran Pipeline project includes:
- Abadan-Ahvaz pipeline -140 km, 26 inch diameter
- Ahvaz-Sabzab pipeline - 120 km, 24 inch diameter
- Sabzab-Tang Fani pipeline -100 km, 24 inch diameter
- Shazand-Arak-Rey pipeline -290 kms, 26 inch diameter
Design of the project was handled by Iran Parsikan Co., and project management by Tarh-Andishan Company. The project is being commissioned in two phases. Khatam-ul-Anbia Construction is the contractor of phase one. Tender for the second phase contractor is underway as of August 2020. 
Articles and resources
- National Iranian Oil Engineering and Construction Compnay. "Abadan-Ahvaz-Arak-Tehran Pipeline". NIOEC. Retrieved August 4, 2020.
- "NIOEC's Google Maps List". National Iranian Oil Engineering & Construction Company. Retrieved August 4, 2020.
- "NIORDC to inaugurate 20 development projects worth €1.6 b in 10 days". Tehran Times. 2019-02-01. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- "National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company - Wikipedia". en.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- Information Technology Associates. "World Pipelines maps". Theodora. Retrieved August 6, 2020.
- NIORDC to inaugurate 20 development projects worth €1.6 b in 10 days Tehran Times, February 1, 2019
- Refining and Distribution, on the Growth and Development Track Tehran Times, August 28, 2019
Related GEM.wiki articles
*add as many countries as the pipeline passes through