Acadian Gas Pipeline System
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Acadian Gas Pipeline System is a proposed natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Haynesville shale field, to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to New Orleans, Louisiana, and through Acadia Parish and Vermillion Parish.
- Operator: Enterprise Products
- Current capacity: 1000 Million cubic feet per day
- Length: 1,326 miles
- Status: Operating
The Acadian Gas Pipeline System transports natural gas from onshore developments and, through connections with offshore pipelines, Gulf of Mexico production to local gas distribution companies, electric generation and industrial customers, including those in the Baton Rouge-New Orleans-Mississippi River corridor. It includes the Haynesville Extension Pipelines. The pipeline system spans 1,326 miles.
Enterprise Products Partners has a 100% ownership interest in the pipeline system. Enterprise Products Partners acquired the pipeline system through its September 2000 acquisition of Acadian Gas, LLC from Coral Energy, LLC, an affiliate of Shell Oil Company, for $226 million in cash.
Articles and resources
- Acadian Gas Pipeline System, A Barrel Full, accessed September 2017
- Natural Gas Pipelines and Services, Enterprise Products Partners L.P., accessed Nov. 2017
- Enterprise Acquires Acadian Natural Gas Pipeline System, News Release, 25 Sep. 2000