|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline will run from St. James Parish, Louisiana, USA to St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana, USA.
- Owner: Phillips 66, Harvest Midstream Co., and PBF Energy
- Proposed capacity: 400,000 b/d
- Length: 151.3 kilometers / 94 miles
- Status: Shelved
- Start Year: 2021
The pipeline will run to the Phillips 66 Alliance Refinery and cross the Mississippi River to serve refineries in St. Bernard Parish.
The ACE Pipeline system will provide crude oil transportation service from the market hub in St. James, Louisiana to downstream refining destinations in Belle Chasse, Meraux, and Chalmette, Louisiana. Phillips 66, Harvest Midstream Co., and PBF Logistics LP have jointly launched an open season for transportation service. Harvest Midstream will contribute its existing CAM pipeline to the system, which will have an initial throughput capacity of 400,000 b/d and will include a newbuild segment to connect the St. James market center to the CAM pipeline. Additional expansion will be based on shipper interest. The parties may elect to add a delivery destination in Clovelly, Louisiana, subject to market demand. The pipeline system was expected to be placed into service in the second-half 2020 subject to customary and regulatory approvals.
On March 24, 2020 Phillips 66 announced that it would delay a final investment decision (FID) on the pipeline due to the collapse of global oil prices and disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. In June 2020 it was reported that completion of the pipeline would be delayed to 2021 as a result of delays caused by the pandemic.
According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), as of June 2021 the project considered to be on-hold.
Articles and resources
- Planned Pipelines, Pipeline News, accessed Aug. 25, 2021.
- U.S. liquids pipeline projects, Energy Information Administration, Jun. 7, 2021, accessed Aug. 25, 2021.
- National Energy And Petrochemical Map FracTracker, accessed Aug. 25, 2021.
- Phillips 66, partners to develop ACE Pipeline system, Oil and Gas Journal, Jan. 14th, 2019, accessed Aug. 25, 2021.
- Phillips 66: Red Oak, Liberty, ACE Pipelines Deferred by Cost Cuts, PGJ Online, Mar. 25, 2020, accessed Aug. 25, 2021.
- Low Prices and Depressed Demand Impact Global Oil and Gas Pipeline Sector, Oilman Magazine, Apr. 30, 2020, accessed Aug. 25, 2021.
- US oil midstream sector enters hibernation as pandemic wreaks industry toll, S&P Global Platts, Jun. 25, 2020, accessed Aug. 25, 2021.