Acme Toledo power station
Acme Toledo power station is a retired 72-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in the state of Ohio, United States.
The map below shows the location of the now retired power station in Toledo, Ohio.
The plant was built in 1918 and upgraded with a new turbine in 1941 to keep up with demand for power from the local defense industry.
The plant was closed in 1993 by owner Toledo Edison. For several years the plant was mothballed, but was never turned back on. Demolition of the plant was announced in 2007, and was completed in 2013.
- Sponsor: Centerior Energy Corporation
- Parent company: Toledo Edison
- Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States
- Coordinates: 41.6532, -83.5220 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 72 MW
- Coal-fired subcritical (start-up in 1918, new turbine in 1941)
Articles and Resources