Ajaokuta-Obajana gas pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ajaokuta-Obajana gas pipeline is an operating gas pipeline in Nigeria.
The 90 km gas pipeline runs from Ajaokuta to Obajana Cement Factory. From Ajaokuta the pipeline runs along the Okene-Ajaokuta road for 32 km to Eganyin village. The pipeline continues from Eganyin to Lokoja/Kabba junction for 37km. From Lokoja/Kabba junction to Obajana the pipeline runs for a further 21km.
In 2004, Dangote Industries Limited in conjunction with Kogi State and the Federal Government of Nigeria proposed to construct a cement factory at Obajana in Kogi State. The factory would be equipped with a 75 MW – 100 MW Gas turbines with the natural gas supply will originating from a tie-in point on the Nigerian Gas Company, Oben - Ajaokuta gas supply line. At the time of environmental impact assessment for pipeline construction, the envisaged gas volume requirement was 62.40 Mmscfd.
- Operator: Nigerian Gas Company
- Owner: Nigerian Gas Company
- Parent Company: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
- Capacity: 0.84 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 90 km
- Diameter: 18 inches
- Status: Operating
- Start Year:
Articles and resources
- Annual Statistics Bulletin, OPEC, 2012, p.75
- "Gas Pipeline from Ajaokuta to Obajana Cement Factory (18" dia, 90 km)". zishanengineers.com. Retrieved 2022-08-26.