Ajman Coal power station
Ajman Coal power station is a proposed 1,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Ajman, Abu Dhabi.
The map below shows Ajman, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
In 2008 Malaysian Mining Corporation signed an agreement with the government of Abu Dhabi to build a 1,000-megawatt coal plant at a cost of $2 billion in Ajman, with a planned operation of 2011.
There were no further developments, and plans appear to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: Malaysian Mining Corporation (MMC)
- Parent company:
- Location: Ajman, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Coordinates: 25.416667, 55.5 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 1,000 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Articles and resources
- "Malaysian firm to set up $2b power plant in Ajman," gulf News, July 18, 2008.