Akaz power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Akaz power station is a proposed 500-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Al-Anbar Province, Iraq.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Al-Qa'im, Al-Anbar Province, Iraq.
- Sponsor: Ministry of Electricity (Iraq)
- Parent company: Ministry of Electricity (Iraq)
- Location: Al-Qa'im, Al-Anbar Province, Iraq
- Coordinates: 34.3169, 41.1603 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 250 MW
- Gas turbine units 3-4: 125 MW per unit (no start-up date)
- Gross capacity (under construction, but delayed): 250 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-2: 125 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)