Akaz power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Akaz power station is a 250-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Al-Anbar Province, Iraq.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Al-Qa'im, Al-Anbar Province, Iraq.
In May 2021 after being delayed during construction the first unit of the plant began trial operations.
As of July 2021 there is no information on the proposed units 3 and 4, and they are assumed to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Ministry of Electricity (Iraq)
- Parent company: Ministry of Electricity (Iraq)
- Location: Al-Qa'im, Al-Anbar Province, Iraq
- Coordinates: 34.3169, 41.1603 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 250 MW
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 250 MW
- Gas turbine units 3-4: 125 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)
- الأنبار تعلن تشغيل محطة كهرباء عكّاز الغازية الجديدة, Almehwar Today, May 17, 2021
- إعادة تأهيل محطة كهرباء عكاز الغازية التي دمرها “داعش” بـ 82 مليون دولار, Awla News, Feb 28, 2020