Al-Anbar power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Al-Anbar power station is a 1,642-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Al-Anbar Province, Iraq.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Hit, Al-Anbar Province, Iraq.
The Al-Anbar power station project was announced in 2012. Although originally expected to be commissioned in 2016, as of July 2021 it is still under construction.
- Sponsor: Ministry of Electricity (Iraq)
- Parent company: Ministry of Electricity (Iraq)
- Location: Hit, Al-Anbar Province, Iraq
- Coordinates: 33.534044, 43.023417 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (under construction): 1,540 MW
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)
- 1642 MW Anbar Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, Zawya, accessed Jul 14, 2021
- Combined cycle power plant of 1642,6 MW, Al Anbar - Iraq, Metka, accessed Jul 14, 2021
- مشروع محطة كهرباء الانبار /الدورة المركبة, Mapcarta, accessed Jul 14, 2021
- Al-Anbar – Iraq, Flenco, accessed Jul 14, 2021