Al Tuwairqi Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Al Tuwairqi Steel (حديد الطويرقي (Arabic)) is an electric steel plant in Karachi, Pakistan.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Karachi, Pakistan.
Al Tuwairqi Steel operates a 38MW combined cycle power (CPP) plant with four 6.5MW gas turbines.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Al Tuwairqi Holding
- Owner: Tuwairqi Steel Mills Limited (TSML)
- Alternative plant names: TSML
- Other language plant name: حديد الطويرقي (Arabic)
- Location: Tuwairqi Steel Mills, FTC, Block D, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi 74400, Pakistan
- GPS Coordinates: 24.789621, 67.353238 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1977 (age 42–43)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: Midrex direct reduced iron (DRI) plants (# unknown); electric arc furnace (EAF) (# unknown)
- Power source: 38MW combined cycle power (CCP) plant
Articles and resources
- Contact Us, Al Tuwairqi Steel, Retrieved on: Sep. 14, 2020
- Energy, Tuwairqi Steel Mills Limited, Retrieved on: Sep. 14, 2020
- Corporate Profile, Tuwairqi Steel Mills Limited, Retrieved on: Sep. 14, 2020
- Nervousness of Steel, Hussain Ahmad Siddiqui, Money Matters, May 12, 2016, Retrieved on: Sep. 14, 2020
- Specifications, Tuwairqi Steel Mills Limited, Retrieved on: Sep. 14, 2020