Albania–Kosovo Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Albania–Kosovo Gas Pipeline (ALKOGAP) is a proposed gas pipeline running from Albania to Kosovo.
- Operator: ALBGAZ sh.a., Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy of Albania, Ministry of Economy
- Parent company: Government of Albania, Government of Republic of Kosovo
- Length: 212 km
- Diameter: 24 inches
- Status: Proposed
- Start year: 2027
- Cost: 215 million euros
- Associated infrastructure: Ionian Adriatic Gas Pipeline
According to Energy-Community's PLIMA database, "The project aims to establish a new supply route for natural gas from the Middle East and Caspian Region transported by Trans Adriatic Pipeline, north-eastwards of the Western Balkan area towards Kosovo*, Serbia and North Macedonia. The ALKOGAP project however shall be planned as bi-directional pipeline, so the possible supply direction could also be north – south, from the Energy Community Gas Ring (ECGR), or other sources." It would enable the gasification of Albania and Kosovo, creating the preconditions for the further development of methane gas markets in Albania and the development of gas markets in Kosovo.
A Memorandum of understanding between Albania and Kosovo relating to the project was signed in June 2016.
In December 2018, the Project Pre-feasibility Assessment for ALKOGAP was finished.
Articles and resources
- Eastern Europe Natural Gas Partnership (May 26, 2021). "Catalog of Potential Eastern European Natural Gas Investment Projects in Support of the Three Seas Initiative" (PDF). United States Energy Association. Archived (PDF) from the original on August 12, 2021. Retrieved September 7, 2021.
- "Gas_13 / Albania - Kosovo* Gas Pipeline (ALKOGAP)". www.energy-community.org. Retrieved 2021-09-10.
- Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy (June 2019). "RECENT DEVELOPMENTS ON THE ALBANIAN GAS SECTOR AND ITS INTEGRATION ON REGIONAL LEVEL" (PDF). Energy Charter Treaty. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- "PECI List of Gas Projects" (PDF). Energy Community. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (December 2016). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Details RPJ008_NS.rdl" (PDF). Retrieved September 10, 2021.