Almaty-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Kazakhstan and coal.|
Almaty-1 power station (also known as АлЭС ТЭЦ-1 имени Б. Оразбаева, АО "АлЭС" Алматинская ТЭЦ - 1, Almaty Heat Electro Central 1, Almaty HEC 1, and Alma-Ata Central Power Plant) is a 120-megawatt (MW) gas-fired combined heat and power station in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Originally a coal-fired power plant, Almaty-1 converted to natural gas fuel in 2017.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Almaty, Zhetysu district, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan.
In April 2021, Samruk-Energo JSC noted a potential 200-250 MW gas unit expansion at the site because Almaty-1 power station has the needed infrastructure to expand: free space, an operating gas transmission system, and power grid facilities for generating electrical power.
- Sponsor: JSC "Almaty Power Plants" (JSC "AlES")
- Parent company: Samruk-Kazyna SWF JSC
- Location: Almaty, Zhetysu district, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan
- Coordinates: 43.2813, 76.9306 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 120 MW
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 250 MW
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 120 MW
- Unit 9: Bituminous coal-fired subcritical, 60 MW (start-up in 1970, converted to gas in 2017)
- Unit 10: Bituminous coal-fired subcritical, 60 MW (start-up in 1971, converted to gas in 2017)
Articles and Resources
- "АЛМАТИНСКАЯ ТЭЦ-1 ИМЕНИ Б.ОРАЗБАЕВА," АО «АлЭС», accessed June 11, 2021
- Kazakhstan Natural Gas Investment Strategy Study - Volume 2 - Report No. 199b/97, UNDP ESMAP, Dec 1997
- "Almaty 1 Coal Power Plant," Industry About, accessed June 11, 2021
- "Самрук-Энерго переведет на газ все свои ТЭЦ в г. Алматы," Energy Base, October 13, 2020
- "Глава «Самрук-Энерго»: Алматинская ТЭЦ-2 снизит выбросы в несколько раз," Tag News, April 26, 2021
- ИСТОРИЯ РАЗВИТИЯ КОМПАНИИ, Almaty power plants, accessed Jun 29, 2021
- Transition of Almaty CHP-2 to gas. Most important points in brief, Samruk Energy, Sep 25, 2020
- Portfolio Companies, Samruk-Kazyna, accessed Jul 7, 2021
- АЛМАТИНСКАЯ ТЭЦ-1 ИМЕНИ Б.ОРАЗБАЕВА, Almaty power plants, accessed Jun 29, 2021