|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Alpagut Lignite Mine is an underground mine near Alpagut village, Mustafakemal Paşa district, Bursa Province, Turkey. The mine used to be an open pit surface mine, but was later rebuilt as an underground mine.
The map below shows the approximate location of the mine.
Bükköy Madencilik Şirketi (Bükköy Mining Company), a subsidiary of Ercan Şirketler Grubu (Ercan Group), operates the mine. As of October 2019, the mine had 20.8 million tons in reserves, and had the capacity to produce 0.3 million tons a year.
In December 2009, there was an explosion in the mine that killed 19 workers. Later same month, President of Ercan Group, Nurullah Ercan, announced that he would donate 15 thousand liras to victims' families, and promised to support the education of victims' children. In their report to the parliament's investigative commission, the Turkish Mine Workers Union described the incident as murder, and condemned the rescue team for being ill-organized and ill-coordinated. In 2011, 6 people, including Nurullah Ercan, were delivered prison sentences between 5 and 6 years for causing death by negligence.
- Operator: Bükköy Madencilik Şirketi
- Owner: Ercan Şirketler Grubu
- Location: Alpagut, Mustafakemal Paşa, Bursa, Turkey
- Coordinates: 39.866449, 28.563961 (Approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 0.3 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Reserves: 20.8 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1985
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- ""Investment Opportunity in the Energy & Mining Sector" Bursa Mustafakemal Paşa High Calorific Lignite Field" (PDF). Mining Turkey. Maden Sahaları Tanıtım Bülteni. October 2019. Retrieved June 30, 2021.
- "Madende ölenlerin ailelerine 15 bin TL". CNN Türk. December 22, 2009. Retrieved June 30, 2021.
- "Bursa'da maden ocağında patlama!". Milliyet. December 10, 2009. Retrieved June 30, 2021.
- Madencilik Sektöründeki Sorunlarin Araştirilarak Alinmasi Gereken Önlemlerin belirlenmesi Amaciyla Kurulan Meclis Araştirma Komisyonuna Sunulan Türkiye Maden İşçileri Sendikasi’nın Görüşleri . Türkiye Maden İşçileri Sendikası. Report.
- "Bursa'daki Grizu Faciasına Hapis Cezası". TRT Haber. December 22, 2011. Retrieved June 30, 2021.