Amadand coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the mine.
Background on Mine
The Amadand Opencast Block is in the Eastern part of South Sohagpur Coalfield and flanked by Hasdeo and Jamuna & Kotma mines.
Detailed exploration of the area was taken up by CMPDI in August 1990 and comprehensive geological information was provided in Geological reports on Amadand Opencast area in December 1995, Amadand East U/G Block in January 1998 and Amadand West U/G Block in November 1999.
The mine proposed an expansion to 4 million tonnes per annum in 2015 but no information on the project was made public and it was likely shelved and cancelled.
In 2003, the company reported that the mine has displaced 1100 people and required the relocation of 575 families.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Anuppur, Madhya Pradesh, India
- GPS coordinates: 23.157942, 82.061533
- Capacity: 2.15 million tonnes per annum
- Production: 1.64 mtpa (2020)
- Total Resource: 160.57 MT
- Total Reserves: 36.04 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking, Grade B-G, GCV 4933 Kcal/Kg
- Mine Size: 884.71 Ha
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year: 2010
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
- Status: Cancelled
- Size of Expansion: 4.00 MTPA
- Permits and Applications: Project Report the Expansion of the Amandand Opencast Project, CMPDI, July 2015
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & DEsgin Institute Limited, Environmental Clearance, Application for Form-1, September, 2014
- Project Report the Expansion of the Amandand Opencast Project, CMPDI, July 2015