Amalgamated Sugar Twin Falls Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Amalgamated Sugar Twin Falls Power Plant is a 10.2-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by Snake River Sugar Company near Twin Falls, Idaho.
- Owner: Amalgamated Sugar Company
- Parent Company: Snake River Sugar Company
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 10.2 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1500: 1.5 MW (1948), Unit 2500: 2.5 MW (1948), Unit 4000: 6.2 MW (1994)
- Location: 2320 Orchard Dr. East, Twin Falls, ID 83301
- GPS Coordinates: 42.531783, -114.431659
- Technology: Subcritical (Unit 1500 and 2500), Subcritical Fluidized Bed Technology (Unit 4000)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions: 1,018 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 39.99 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 1,053 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|