Ambika OC coal mine
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The Ambika Opencast Coal Mine is a proposed mine operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India. It will produce 1 million tonnes per annum, near village Pali, Katghora Tehsil, Korba District, Chhattisgarh State, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Ambika Opencast Coal Mine Project in Korba District, Chhattisgarh State, India.
The Ambika OC coal mine project is an opencast mine to be operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL), a subsidiary of Coal India. It's production capacity is 1 million tonnes per annum (1.35 MTPA peak) on a mine lease area of 134.192 hectares.
The project remains listed as a "new" mine on corporate documents and public hearings were held conducted in 2018.
As of April 2021, the project has received environmental clearance. Rehabilitation and resettlement is currently in-progress, and includes an estimated 440 project affected families across three villages.
- Operator: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Owner: Coal India Limited
- Location: Katghora Tehsil, Korba District, Chhattisgarh State, India
- GPS Coordinates: 22.3527778, 82.33861 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 1 MTPA
- Total Resource: 9.12 million tonnes (MT)
- Mineable Reserves: 7.60 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal, 4725 Kcal/Kg (G-9)
- Mine Size: 1.34 km2
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:Grant of ToR for the Ambika opencast coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 23 October 2008; Project summary for Ambika OC coal mine, CMPDI, October 2015
Articles and resources
- Grant of ToR for the Ambika opencast coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 23 October 2008
- Form-2 Application for Prior Environmental Clearance, MoEF&CC India, accessed September 2022.
- Public Hearing on Ambika OpenCast Project, May 2018
- "SECL's Ambika Opencast Project got Environmental Approval", PSU Connect News, 13 April 2021.
- Project summary for Ambika OC coal mine, CMPDI, October 2015