Ambon-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Ambon-2 power station is a 2 x 50 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed in Maluku province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the project on Ambon Island.
Background on Plant
In the 2016-2025 long range plan, the project is shown at 2 x 50 MW. According to the plan, the project was previously 2 x 25 MW. It was moved up from 2023/24 to 2021/22.
According to the 2017-2026, a coal plant is no longer under consideration in long-range planning for Ambon because coal is not available on the island, and supply and transportation would be difficult.
- Sponsor: IPP project with PT PLN
- Parent company:
- Location: Maluku province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -3.5865159,128.1711112 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2021/2022
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025, Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016, Table 6.13
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. E-6