Amelia (North) coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Amelia (North) Coal Mine is owned and operated by Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd (JPVL) in Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh, India.]]
The map below shows the location of the mine.
Background on Mine
The surface mine, operated by Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd (JPVL) has a capacity of 2.88 million tonnes annually for the Jaypee Nigrie Super Thermal Power Project. In 2015, it filed a permit to expand capacity to 4.2 million tonnes.
- Sponsor: Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd (JPVL)
- Location: Madhya Pradesh, India
- Coordinates: 24.144472, 82.434839 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 2.8 million tonnes
- Reserves: 139.5 million tonnes (Proven and Probable, 2021) 
- Resources: 162.05 million tonnes (Net Geological Reserves) 
- In service:
- Coal type: Subbituminous
- Coal plant: Jaypee Nigrie Super Thermal Power Project
- Mining method: Opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- M/s Crystal Consultants, Amelia (North) Coal Mine Expansion Project, 2015.
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures win Amelia North coal mine, Economic Times, February 17, 2015.
- THDC India Limited,"Amelia coal mine", THDC India website, Accessed May 2021
- Thermal Power, Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd, accessed March 3, 2020