Amelia coal mine
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Amelia Coal Mine is a proposed 5.6 million-tonnes-per-annum opencast mine to be operated by THDC India Limited in Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh State, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the mine in Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh State, India.
THDC India Limited, which is owned by the National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, Ministry of Power, Government of India, operates the Amelia coal mine. The mine will fulfill the fuel requirement of the 1320 megawatt Khurja power station, which is located 856 km from the Amelia Coal Mine via rail.
The Amelia Coal Block was previously allocated to Madhya Pradesh State Mining Corporation Limited, but was re-allocated to THDC India Limited in January 2017.
- Operator: THDC India Limited
- Owner: National Thermal Power Corporation
- Location: Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh State, India
- Coordinates: 24.072448, 82.414011 (Approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Capacity: 5.6 million tonnes per annum
- Total Reserves: 162.05 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 139.48 million tonnes
- Coal Type: G9 (Thermal)
- Mine Type: Surface, opencast
- Start Year: 2022 (expected)
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Amelia Coal Mine, THDC India Limited website, accessed August 2022.
- Amelia Coal Mine Status of Work, THDC India Limited website, accessed August 2022.
- Amelia Coal Mine Project Summary, Government of India Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, accessed August 2022.
- Mining Plan for Amelia Coal Mine, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, dated February 2020.