Amercoeur power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Amercoeur power station is a 451-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Hainaut Province, Belgium.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Roux, Hainaut Province, Belgium.
The power station previously had two coal-fired generating units, which retired in 2009. The current gas-fired generating unit then started operation in 2010.
- Sponsor: Electrabel
- Parent company: Engie SA
- Location: Roux, Hainaut Province, Belgium
- Coordinates: 50.4304, 4.3955 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 451 MW
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 252 MW
- Unit 1A: Coal-fired, unknown combustion technology, 125 MW (start-up in 1968, retired 2009)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired, unknown combustion technology, 127 MW (start-up in 1968, retired 2009)
Articles and Resources
- Elia "Detailed production park" data set dated July 3, 2019
- Transparency - Plant Units Engie, accessed December 2019
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1002207 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 22WAMERCO000008L, 22WAMERCO000009J accessed November 2019
- FRESNA (FIAS Renewable Energy Systems & Network Analysis) version 4.1 (July 2019)
- Open Power Plants Database, ID g_22WAMERCO000008L, g_22WAMERCO000009J European Commission Joint Research Centre, version 0.91