American Crystal Crookston Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
American Crystal Crookston Power Plant is a 6.5-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by the American Crystal Sugar Company near Crookston, Minnesota. The plant powers American Crystal's sugar beet processing facility.
- Owner: American Crystal Sugar Company
- Parent Company: American Crystal Sugar Company
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 6.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 3.5 MW (1954), Unit 2: 3.0 MW (1975)
- Location: Hwy. 75 South, Crookston, MN 56716
- GPS Coordinates: 47.764314, -96.633266
- Technology: Subcritical Fluidized Bed Technology
- Coal type: Sub Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions: 304 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 434 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.