American Crystal Moorhead Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
American Crystal Moorhead Power Plant is a 5.0-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by American Crystal Sugar Company near Moorhead, Minnesota. The plant powers American Crystal's sugar beet processing facility.
- Owner: American Crystal Sugar Company
- Parent Company: American Crystal Sugar Company
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 5.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 3.0 MW (1948), Unit 2: 2.0 MW (1961)
- Location: 2500 North 11th St., Moorhead, MN 56560
- GPS Coordinates: 46.901389, -96.76022
- Technology: Subcritical Fluidized Bed Technology
- Coal type: Sub Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions: 294 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 379 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.