American LNG Titusville Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
American LNG Titusville Terminal is an LNG export terminal under development in Titusville, Florida, United States. The probable destination of Titusville Terminal exports are the Caribbean and nations in Central America.
- Owner: American LNG Marketing LLC
- Parent: Fortress Investment Group
- Location: Titusville, Florida, United States
- Coordinates: 28.591111, -80.82 (approximate)
- Capacity: 82.6 mcf/d (0.0826 bcf/d)
- Status: Shelved
- Type: Export
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
American LNG Titusville Terminal is an LNG terminal under development in Florida, United States.
Operations were originally scheduled to begin in April of 2016, but have since been delayed to 2017. Development of the facility is ongoing, so scheduled operations have been delayed. Further, negotiations with counterparties for the sale and export of LNG is ongoing. Jake Suski, managing partner for parent company New Fortress Energy reported in March of 2017 that the project is still on track; however, there is no particular timeline for construction.
As of April 2020, there have been no construction developments and the terminal is presumed to be shelved.
A group of Titusville residents addressed the County Commission, asking the county to keep an eye on the project's development due to concerns about project safety and environmental issues. Residents have said they will continue to press their concerns to ensure county officials are monitoring project developments and answering citizen questions regarding threat assessments.
Articles and resources
- American LNG delays start of Titusville facility, LNG World News, 7 April 2016
- "American LNG Marketing LLC - FE Dkt. No. 15-19-LNG". Energy.gov. Retrieved 2022-05-17.
- American LNG Marketing, LLC. Federal Register. March 16, 2018.
- American LNG Titusville Terminal, American LNG now sees 2017 startup of export project at Titusville, Florida, 6 April 2016
- Concern raised over proposed Titusville LNG plant, Florida Today, Dave Berman, 6 March 2017