Amman Mineral power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Amman Mineral power station is a 112-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant at the Amman Mineral smelter in Sekongkang Atas, West Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. A further 300 MW is under construction.
The satellite photo below shows the approximate location of the project in West Nusa Tenggara. Additional satellite photography from Planet shows construction of the smelter occurring between May 2020 and November 2020.
Background on Plant
The plant's 112-MW unit powers PT Amman Mineral's port facilities near its Batu Hijau copper mine in West Nusa Tenggara.
In June 2018 the bidding to build two additional units was won by Taihao International, Hydropower International, and Shanghai Electric Power Construction Joint Venture. The project will cost 1.5 billion yuan. In June 2019 construction of the smelter was in the Front End Engineering Development (FEED) phase and the overall project was described as being 13.6% complete by PT Amman Mineral Nusa Tenggara. In November 2019 the Nusa Tenggara provincial government appointed a committee whose purpose is to increase coordination and accelerate construction of the smelter. In November 2019 the plant was described as having a capacity of 300-500 MW.
- Sponsor: PT Amman Mineral Nusa Tenggara
- Parent company: PT Amman Mineral Nusa Tenggara
- Location: Sekongkang Atas, West Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -8.9012149, 116.7392996 (exact)
- Status: Unit 1: Operating; Units 2-3: Construction
- Gross Capacity: Unit 1: 112 MW; Units 2-3: 2 x 150 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2000; Units 2-3: 2022
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- About Us, Amman Mineral, accessed June 2020
- Project Information|Shanghai Electric Power Indonesia Amman Mining 2x150MW Coal-fired Power Station Project, BJX, Jun. 24, 2018
- Kemajuan Pembangunan Smelter Amman Mineral Baru 13,6 Persen, Liputan 6, Jun. 18, 2019
- Pemprov Desak Amman Segera Realiasikan Smelter, Suara NTB, Nov. 1, 2019