Amorebieta power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Amorebieta power station is a 786-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the province of Basque Country, Spain.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Amorebieta-Etxano, the province of Basque Country, Spain.
Bizkaia Energia, the company founded to own Amorebieta, was originally owned 50/50 by Osaka Gas and Electricity Supply Board (ESB). In 2014 they sold their shares to Arclight Capital Partners LLC. In 2020 an unnamed subsidiary of Castleton Commodities International acquired ownership of Bizkaia Energia as majority owner, along with White Castle Capital.
The White Castle and Castleton Commodities partnership, along with Nortegas and SENER, intend to build a 20 MW green hydrogen facility at the site and to eventually run the gas units on a dual-fuel mix of natural gas and hydrogen.
- Sponsor: Bizkaia Energia S.L.U.
- Parent company: Castleton Commodities International LLC, White Summit Capital
- Location: Amorebieta-Etxano, the province of Basque Country, Spain
- Coordinates: 43.2347, -2.7497 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 786 MW
Articles and Resources
- Osaka Gas and ESB sell Bizkaia Energia SL to ArcLight Capital Partners, Osaka Gas, May 1, 2014
- CCI Announces Acquisition of a Natural Gas-Fired Combined Cycle Plant Located in Spain, CCI, Feb 18, 2020
- Castleton Commodities International LL and White Summit Capital AG have reached an agreement with Arclight Capital Partners LLC to acquire 100% of a 786MW natural gas-fired combined cycle plant located in Amorebieta, in the Basque Country, in Spain, White Summit Capital, Nov 13, 2019
- About us - Bizkaia Energia
- The first green hydrogen plant that maximizes the use of existing infrastructure in Spain will start operations in Amorebieta in 2022, Sener, Mar 12, 2020
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1006189 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 18WAMBITG1-12--P, 18WAMBITG2-12-CT, 18WAMBITV-123-CK accessed November 2019
- FRESNA (FIAS Renewable Energy Systems & Network Analysis) version 4.1 (July 2019)