Andes Vallenar power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Andes Vallenar power station (Central Térmica Andes Vallenar) is a proposed 540-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in the region of Atacama, Chile.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Vallenar, the region of Atacama, Chile.
- Sponsor: ANDES SA
- Parent company: Royal Dutch Shell Plc ; Wärtsilä
- Location: Vallenar, Atacama, Chile
- Coordinates: -28.5776, -70.7823 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 540 MW
In May 2019, the environmental watchdog in Chile, SEA, approved the Andes Vallenar Power Station project for construction. The project is expected to cost $650 million and will include three parts: regasification terminal, gas pipeline, and 540 MW generator.
Articles and Resources
- "Rules on Non-Admission for Process, Exempt Resolution No. 131". Servicio de Evaluación Ambiental (SEA). July 15, 2016. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Andes S.A. (Andes LNG)". BNamericas. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Google Maps
- "Sistema de Evaluación de Impacto Ambiental e-seia". Servicio de Evaluación Ambiental (SEA). Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "BNamericas - Chile watchdog approves US$650mn LNG project". BNamericas.com. Retrieved 2021-06-28.