Andrea Palladio power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Andrea Palladio power station, also known as Fusina power station, is a 976-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Veneto, Italy.
The plant is planned for retirement in 2025, as part of Italy's coal phase out plans. Plant owner Enel plans to build up to 840 MW of gas-fired capacity at the plant site.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Venezia-Mestre, Venezia.
Background on Plant
Andrea Palladio power station is a four-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 976 MW. The plant was completed between 1964 and 1974, and is owned by Enel. It has an oil-fired unit 5.
In October 2017, Italy said it planned to phase out coal power by 2025, requiring Enel to retire the Andrea Palladio coal plant by 2025. Enel plans to replace the plant's four coal-fired units with a new natural gas-powered unit, totaling 840 MW.
In September 2020, Enel said that it was seeking Italian government approval to close the Andrea Palladio coal plant by 2021.
- Sponsor: Enel SpA
- Parent company: Enel SpA
- Location: Fusina, Venezia, Veneto, Italy
- Coordinates: 45.4314, 12.2468 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 976 MW
- Unit 1: 165 MW (1964) - subcritical coal
- Unit 2: 171 MW (1969) - subcritical coal
- Unit 3: 320 MW (1974) - subcritical coal
- Unit 4: 320 MW (1974) - subcritical coal
- Gross capacity (proposed): 840 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 840 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and resources
- "Preliminary draft. Technical report," Italy Environment Ministry, accessed Nov 8, 2019
- "ENEL Andrea Palladio-Fusina Thermal Power Plant Italy," GEO, accessed April 2016
- "Italy to phase out coal by 2025," E3G, Oct 24, 2017
- Fusina thermoelectric plant (VE) "Andrea Palladio" - replacement of existing coal units with new gas unit, Italy Environment Ministry, accessed Nov 8, 2019
- "Enel plans to close 2 additional coal-fired plants in Italy by 2021," Enerdata, Sep. 11, 2020
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) WOCMU6HCI0OJWNPRZS33 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020