Angul Smelter power station
Angul Smelter power station is a 1200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Odisha, India. An additional 500 MW has been proposed.
The Angul Smelter is located at Angul in the state of Odisha.
The power facilities at the Angul Smelter comprise ten units, each 120 MW.
Units 11 and 12
NALCO proposes to add two additional units (11 and 12) to the Angul Smelter power station, each of capacity 250 MW, "to cater the additional power requirements of the Smelter Plant." A terms of reference was issued in November 2012.
As of October 2016 the units have not received environmental clearance, and appear to be abandoned.
Project Details for Units 11 and 12
Sponsor: National Aluminum Company
Location: Banarpal & Balaram Prasad village, Banarpal taluk, Angul district, Odisha
Coordinates: 20.849026413289, 85.19021988 (exact)
- Unit 11: 250 MW
- Unit 12: 250 MW
Projected in service:
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Nov 1, 2012
Resources and articles
- "National Aluminium Co. Ltd.," Emkay, September 7, 2011
- Angul Smelter Coal Captive Power Plant India, Global Energy Observatory, accessed March 2012
- National Aluminum Company, "Captive Power Plant ", National Aluminium Company website, accessed November 2011.
- "Nalco to commission second 120 MW unit in Angul soon," Hindu Business Line, August 8, 2010
- "Highlights of 2010-2011," accessed February 2012
- "Appointment of Agency for carrying out Power System Study and Preparation of Report for NALCO’s CPP at Angul, Odisha," NALCO tender, Nov. 8, 2011.
- Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Nov 1, 2012
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Tata Power
- Tata Ultra Mega
- India and nuclear power
- U.S.- India Civil Nuclear Cooperation Initiative
- Global use and production of coal