Anhui Huainan Panji power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Anhui Huainan Panji power station (淮南矿业潘集电厂一期) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
It is a different proposal from the Anhui Huainan Panji Waste Coal power station.
The map below shows Jiahe, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
There was no further news on the plant until 2018, when the project completed a feasibility study, this time as a 2 x 660 MW coal plant. The project is being fast-tracked by Anhui province, with construction planned for 2019 and operation in 2021.
The coal plant was permitted for construction in June 2020.
- Sponsor: Huainan Mining Group
- Location: Jiahe, Panji District, Huainan, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.750622, 116.807205 (approximate)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: