Anhui Xuancheng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Anhui Xuancheng power station (安徽宣城发电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
An additional 1,320 MW of coal capacity is proposed at the site.
The map below shows the plant, which is located in Xiangyang Town (Xiangyangzhen), Xuanzhou District, Xuancheng Prefecture, Anhui Province.
SDIC planned a second coal-fired unit at this plant, with a capacity of 660MW. The new unit was completed in 2015.
In May 2019, plant sponsor SDIC said it no longer planned to invest in new thermal power.
In December 2019, ChinaCoal bought SDIC's share in the coal plant, making ChinaCoal the sole owner.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
In October 2022, it was reported that China Coal Xuancheng Power Generation Co., Ltd. had entrusted Anhui Wanxin Environmental Technology Co., Ltd. to handle the Environmental Impact Report for the project. The expansion was now described as 2 x 600 MW units. It was referenced as "Phase III" for the plant.
By December 12, 2022, public review for the two 660 MW units was underway. The project was presumed permitted by the end of that year.
- Sponsor: ChinaCoal Xuancheng Power Generation Co., Ltd. 中煤宣城发电有限责任公司
- Owner: China National Coal Group Corporation (51%), China Coal Xinji Energy Co.,Ltd (49%)
- Parent company: China National Coal Group Corporation (China Coal)
- Location: Xiangyang Town (Xiangyangzhen), Xuanzhou District, Xuancheng Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.86956, 118.865 (exact)
- Status: Units 1-2: Operating, Units 3-4: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 2,640 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW, Units 3-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- In service: 2008 (Unit 1), 2015 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Xuancheng Power Station, Wikimapia, accessed 2014-11.
- "国投宣城发电有限责任公司2017年应届生招聘公告" 北极星火电招聘网, 2017-02-04
- Xuancheng Coal Power Plant China, Global Energy Observatory, accessed 2014-11.
- Anhui Xuancheng Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed 2014-11.
- "国投宣城电厂2号机组圆满完成168小时试运行," 发布时间, 2015-07-06
- "China state fund joins global shift away from coal," Business Times, March 22, 2019
- "中煤集团接手国投电力转让的5家火电厂股权," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/12/30
- "安徽省电力发展“十三五”规划"安徽省能源局, 2017-5
- SDIC website, accessed 2014-08-07
- 2×660MW！中煤宣城电厂三期超超临界项目环境影响评价第一次公示, BJX, 2022-10-13
- 2*660MW！中煤宣城电厂三期项目核准前公示, BJX, 2022-12-14
- "中煤宣城发电有限责任公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-21.