Ankr Mining Solutions Cherokee County facility 1
|Part of the Cryptomining Tracker, a project by FracTracker & Global Energy Monitor.|
Ankr Mining Solutions Cherokee County facility 1 is an operating 20 MW cryptocurrency mine, located in Cherokee County, North Carolina.
The map below shows the location of the Ankr Mining Solutions Cherokee County facility 1 cryptocurrency mine.
In 2018, Ankr Mining Solutions bought the 20 MW facility for the purpose of mining cryptocurrency, particularly Bitcoin. The 253,000 square foot facility located in Murphy, North Carolina has an overall potential capacity of 50 MW.
In January of 2021, the company began its mining operations at the facility. The constant, disruptive noise from the facility promptly drew community-wide backlash. This backlash came to a head when the development of a second cryptomining facility in the area was initiated by Ankr Mining Solutions on November 15, 2021.
- Power usage (MW): 20 MW
- Owner: Ankr Mining Solutions
- Location: 3125 Harshaw Rd, Murphy, NC 28906
- Coordinates: 35.06579, -83.98566 (EXACT)
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "FIVE 9S DIGITAL LANDS 20 MW BITCOIN MINING DATA CENTER IN NC". five 9s digital. January 1, 2018. Retrieved June 14, 2022.
- ↑ "Crypto Mines Are Making Life a 'Daily Hell' for This Tiny North Carolina Town". Daily Beast. May 2, 2022. Retrieved June 14, 2022.