Anllares power station
Anllares power station is a retired 365-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in El Bierzo, León, the province of Castilla y León, Spain.
The map below shows the location of the power station in El Bierzo, León, the province of Castilla y León, Spain.
The Anllares power station was commissioned in 1982 with one 365 MW unit, operated by Termicas de Anllares. The plant was built close to the mining deposits of El Bierzo and Laciana in the León province and Degaña in the Asturias province, which supplied the plant its coal fuel with an annual consumption of around 736,000 tons.
In 2009, the plant emitted 275,000 tonnes of CO2.
In 2017, the owners of the plant filed forms with the government seeking to close the plant due to rising operating costs and environmental protection/compliance costs. Their petition was approved by Regulatory Supervision Chamber of the National Markets and Competition Commission in June 2018.
In December 2018, the plant was disconnected from the power grid; in June 2020, it demolished the plant's silos, and in November 2020 to June 2021, the chimney and cooling tower were demolished as well.
- Sponsor: Termicas de Anllares
- Parent company: Naturgy Energy Group (66%), Endesa (33%)
- Location: El Bierzo, León, the province of Castilla y León, Spain
- Coordinates: 42.8393, -6.5333 (exact)
- Coal type: Anthracite/bituminous
- Coal source: Domestic (Spain)
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 365 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 365 MW (start-up in 1982)
Articles and Resources
- "Anllares Coal Power Plant Spain - GEO". globalenergyobservatory.org. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Central térmica de Anllares - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre". es.wikipedia.org (in español). Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "BOE.es - BOE-A-2018-16788 Resolución de 13 de noviembre de 2018, de la Dirección General de Política Energética y Minas, por la que se autoriza a la Comunidad de Bienes Central Térmica de Anllares el cierre de la Central Térmica de Anllares, en Páramo del Sil (León)". www.boe.es (in español). 2018-11-13. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- Bronte, Pablo (2018-07-24). "Spain's coal-fired plants remain "under pressure" – Endesa | Montel". Montel. Retrieved 2021-07-02.