Shenhua Anqing power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Anqing power station (神皖安庆皖江发电厂）is a 2,640-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW expansion is proposed at the site.
The map below shows the plant, which is located in Yingjiang District, Anqing Prefecture, Anhui Province.
Original plant (Phase I)
The first two coal-fired units of Anqing power station, totaling 640 MW, were brought online in 2005. The plant is owned by Shenhua Group (which later became National Energy Investment Group) and Wenergy Group.
First expansion (Phase II)
The plant's owners began buildling two additional coal-fired units at the plant, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW. The new units were scheduled to be completed in 2014-15, and construction began in November 2012. In June 2013, however, the owners were ordered to suspend construction when it was discovered that they had failed to obtain the necessary permission from the Environmental Protection Bureau prior to beginning construction.
In February 2014, ABB announced that it had been contracted to supply "Symphony Plus total plant automation systems" for the new units, seemingly indicating that Shenhua is still pursuing the project. In December 2014 Shenhua Group said it recently obtained approval from Anhui Province for construction of the expansion.
Second expansion (Phase III)
In May 2022, the Anqing Municipal Government and Guoneng Anhui Company held a signing ceremony for a cooperation project to build two 1,000 MW high-efficiency expansion units and additional energy infrastructure. The investment was expected to exceed 30 billion yuan.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guoneng Shenwan Anqing Power Generation Co, Ltd 国能神皖安庆发电有限责任公司
- Owner: Shenwan Energy Co., Ltd. (GD Power Development Co.,Ltd. 51%; AN HUI WENERGY COMPANY LIMITED 49%)
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Yingjiang District, Anqing City, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.541, 117.1717 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity & status:
- Phase I (Operating): 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Phase II (Operating): 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Phase III (Announced): 2,000 MW (Units 5 & 6: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- In service:
- Phase I: 2005
- Phase II: 2015
- Phase III: Unknown
- Coal type: bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Anqing, CARMA Carbon Monitoring for Action, accessed Nov. 2014.
- Anqing Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Nov. 2014.
- Anqing Power Station, Wikimapia, accessed Nov. 2014.
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- Construction on Shenhua Shenwan's Anqing Power Plant Phase II Expansion Project Kicks Off, Industrial Info Resources, Nov. 29, 2012.
- Shenhua to install two 1 GW power generating units in Anqing, Energy China Forum, Sept. 20, 2012.
- Shenhua Shenwan Anqing Power Plant Phase II Boiler Delivery Schedule Coordination Meeting Held in Chengdu, Dongfang Electric Corp press release, June 13, 2013.
- "神华72亿电厂项目未批先建 被环保部叫停,", 新浪财经, 2013-06-26
- In Control (ABB Power Generation newsletter), Feb. 2014, p. 17.
- "China Shenhua Energy : gets nod for Anqing expansion project," 4-traders, Dec 30, 2014
- "China Shenhua's (01088) new Anqing generator comes on stream," et net, June 15, 2015
- "中国神华能源股份有限公司关于神皖能源安庆电厂二期扩建项目 3 号机组通过 168 小时试运行的公告"China Shenhua, 2015-6-16
- 国家能源集团在安徽签下3个百万千瓦级项目 含2台100万千瓦煤电机组, BJX, 2022-05-31
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- "国能神皖安庆发电有限责任公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-22.
- "神皖能源有限责任公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-22.