Anshan North power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Anshan North power station (国电鞍山热电公司) is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Lingshan Subdistrict, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Lishan District, Anshan Prefecture, Liaoning Province.
Background on Project
Anshan power station is mentioned as part of Liaoning Province's "Twelfth Five Year Plan" (2014), and pre-feasibility studies for two of the units was submitted in 2009. As of 2015, Units 1-2 are still seeking environmental clearance.
In March 2016 China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) released guidelines for regulating coal power development to crack down on the severe and growing coal power overcapacity crisis. 13 provinces were told to suspend new approvals through 2017, including Liaoning Province. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Northeast Power Co
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Lingshan Subdistrict, Lishan District, Anshan Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 41.196, 123.051 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1-4: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "“国电”鞍山热电厂一期“安家”沙河", 辽宁新闻, 2008-03-25
- "国电鞍山热电有限公司", 中国国电集团公司, 2010-01-15
- "(省级)辽宁省固定资产投资“十二五”规划", 丹东经济和信息化委员会, 2014-03-19
- "鞍山热电厂热网工程环境影响报告获批复", 中国国电集团公司, 2009-05-18
- "去年“鞍山蓝”全市投入46.4亿元," 鞍山市政府网站, 2015年01月15日
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017