Anshan Steel Company No 2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Anshan Steel Company No 2 power station (鞍钢第二发电厂) is a 345-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Liuxitun, Tiexi District.
Anshan Steel Company No 2 power station is a three-unit coal-fired power station totaling 345 MW. It also burns gas and coke. A 125 MW unit 4 burns gas.
In March 2016 China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) released guidelines for regulating coal power development to crack down on the severe and growing coal power overcapacity crisis. 13 provinces were told to suspend new approvals through 2017, including Liaoning Province. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Anshan Iron & Steel Group
- Location: Liuxitun, Tiexi District, Anshan, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 41.132976, 122.965756 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-3), Cancelled (Unit 4)
- Gross capacity: 345 MW (Units 1&2: 110 MW, Unit 3: 125 MW); 350 MW (Unit 4)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-3), Supercritical (Unit 4)
- In service: 1973 (Units 1-3)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: