Antes power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Antes power station, also known as Yatagan Calik power station, is a proposed 160-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Muğla province, Turkey.
The map below shows Turgut town, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Çelikler Holding has proposed a 160 MW coal plant in Kırık village in Turgut town. It would be fueled by domestic lignite coal from a new mine, which is also part of the project. The company reports that the proposed mine contains "30 million ton of lignite coal with 2.482 kcal/kg of lower heating value". Construction is planned to begin in 2019. In 2017 the project received a postive EIA report, according to CAN Europe.
- Sponsor: Ant Enerji
- Parent company: Çalık Holding
- Location: Kırık village, Turgut town, Yatagan district, Muğla province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 37.366667, 28.033333 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 160 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Yatağan Thermal Power Plant and Mine Site Project," Calik Enerji, May 5, 2014
- "Yatağan’da Yeni Termik Santral Kabusu," Yapi, May 17, 2017
- Communication with CAN Europe, December 2019
Related SourceWatch articles