Apapa Port power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Apapa Port power station is a proposed 90-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Lagos State, Nigeria.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria.
In November 2017, Powerhouse International Co., Ltd., China Machinery Engineering Co., Ltd. (CMEC), and GE signed an EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contract for Nigeria Apapa Port 90MW gas turbine power plant project. CMEC and GE are the general contractors.
- Sponsor: Powerhouse International Co., Ltd.
- Parent company: Powerhouse International Co., Ltd.
- Location: Apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria
- Coordinates: 6.4553, 3.3641 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 90 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-2: 45 MW per unit (to start 2020)
Articles and Resources
- Contract Signed for Nigeria Apapa Port Gas Turbine Power Plant, EC website press release, Nov 3, 2017