Aral Xinhu Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Aral Xinhu Cogen power station (新疆阿拉尔市新沪热电公司) is a 800-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The photo below shows the project about three km northwest of Aral (Ala'er) City, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. (Aral is under the administration of the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.)
Background on Project
The first two units of the power station of 50 MW each was built in 2008 in in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. In 2012 it was reported that there were plans for two more units of 350 MW each.
Units 3-4 began operating in 2014.
- Sponsor: Shengyuan
- Parent company: Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps (87%), Shanghai Electric Group (13%)
- Location: Aral (Ala'er) City, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 40.5894333, 81.1954343 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 800 MW (Units 1-2: 50 MW, Units 3-4: 350 MW)
- In service: 2008 (Units 1-2), 2014 (Units 3-4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Wikimapia for 40.5894333, 81.1954343, accessed October 2014
- "关于新疆生产建设兵团农一师阿拉尔新沪热电厂二期2×350MW超临界空冷供热机组扩建工程环境影响报告书的批复", 中华人民共和国环境保护部, 2012-07-02
- "新疆生产建设兵团阿拉尔新沪热电扩建工程通过核准," NDRC website, 2012-11-12
- "农一师电力公司2×350兆瓦电厂项目前期打桩工作开始", 兵团新闻网, 2011-4-11
- "阿拉尔盛源热电公司1号机组并网试运行发电," ChinaNews.com, 9/9/14