Aras Free power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Aras Free power station is a 484-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of June 2019) in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Aras Free Zone, East Azerbaijan Province, Iran.
According to Energy Central, MAPNA CEO Abbas Ali Abadi and MIG CEO Mojtaba Rahmani "signed a deal over the construction of a 450-megawatt power plant in Aras Free Zone in northwestern Iran. The power plant will use Siemens Class F technology provided by MAPNA Group and the investment will be made by Mani International Group" in November 2017. Construction was proposed to take "about 40 months."
- Sponsor: MAPNA Group
- Parent company: Mani International Group (MIG)
- Location: Aras Free Zone, East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Coordinates: 38.9302, 45.6326 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 484 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 484 MW (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- Bahrain News Agency Deal signed over combined-cycle power plant in Irans Aras FZ Energy Centeral Nov. 7, 2017