ArcelorMittal Acindar steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Villa Constitución, Santa Fé, Argentina.
Acindar Industria Argentina de Aceros S.A. is an Argentine steel company founded in 1942. Its headquarters and steel plant are located in the city of Villa Constitución. Since 2006 Acindar has been part of the ArcelorMittal Group, which controls 99.5% of the company.
Acindar produces bars and balls for the grinding of minerals; steel meshes for the mining industry; wires, turnbuckles and special posts for the wine industry; poles, rods, wires and accessories for agricultural fencing; and a variety of products for the construction, oil, and metallurgical industries.
Acindar also offers technical advisory services, along with cutting, bending and pre-assembling of steel parts according to the client's technical specifications.
- Private/State ownership: Private
- Parent company: ArcelorMittal
- Owner: Acindar Industria Argentina de Aceros S.A. (Acindar Grupo ArcelorMittal)
- Other language plant name: Planta siderúrgica Acindar (Spanish)
- Location: Villa Constitución, Santa Fé, Argentina
- GPS Coordinates: -33.256309, -60.292472 (exact)
- Plant status: Operating
- Start year: 1942 (age 77–78)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1100 (EAF, 2019)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: wire rod, bar, steel mesh, wires, turnbuckles, posts, poles, rods, fencing
- Steel sector end users: construction, agricultural, energy, automotive, metallurgical
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: DRI plant, EAF (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- "Acindar". Wikipedia. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- "Reporte Integrado 2018" (PDF). Acindar Grupo ArcelorMittal. Retrieved July 21, 2020.
- "Acindar". ArcelorMittal Acindar. Retrieved July 21, 2020.
- "2015 Minerals Yearbook" (PDF). USGS. 2015.
- "Factbook 2019" (PDF). ArcelorMittal. 2019.
- "Acindar Grupo ArcelorMittal presentó su primer reporte integrado". ArcelorMittal. June 14, 2019.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page [wikipedia.org/Page_Title Page Title] under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.