Cleveland-Cliffs Coatesville steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
(Redirected from ArcelorMittal Coatesville steel plant)
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cleveland-Cliffs Coatesville steel plant is an electric steel plant in Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Owner: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Alternative plant names: ArcelorMittal Coatesville steel plant (predecessor), ArcelorMittal - Bethlehem Steel
- Location: 201 Strode Avenue, Coatesville, PA 19230, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 39.977819, -75.824512 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1810 (age 210–211)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 300 (2019, EAF)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: steel plate, high-strength low alloy, commercial alloy, military alloy, flame-cut
- Steel sector end users: aircraft and aerospace, construction, energy, heavy equipment ,military, mold and tool, shipbuilding
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (began in 1985)
Articles and resources
- Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. Completes Acquisition of ArcelorMittal USA, Cleveland-Cliffs, Dec. 9, 2020
- Coatesville, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: Aug. 6, 2020
- Coatesville Brochure, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: Aug. 6, 2020
- 2020 AIST Electric Arc Furnace Roundup, Association for Iron & Steel Technology, Jan. 2020
- https://corporate-media.arcelormittal.com/media/4sjfifdj/factbook-2019.pdf Fact Book 2019], ArcelorMittal, 2020
- Fact Book 2018, ArcelorMittal, 2019