Cleveland-Cliffs Steelton steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
(Redirected from ArcelorMittal Steelton steel plant)
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cleveland-Cliffs Steelton steel plant is an electric steel plant in Steelton, Pennsylvania, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Steelton, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Owner: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Alternative plant names: ArcelorMittal Steelton steel plant (predecessor), ArcelorMittal - Bethlehem Steel
- Location: 215 S. Front St., Steelton, PA 17113, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 40.230720, -76.838506 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1867 (age 153–154)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 200 (2019, EAF)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: railroad rails, specialty blooms, flat bars
- Steel sector end users: forging, railroad
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (150-tonne, began in 1994)
Articles and resources
- Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. Completes Acquisition of ArcelorMittal USA, Cleveland-Cliffs, Dec. 9, 2020
- Steelton, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: Aug. 6, 2020
- Steelton Brochure, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: Aug. 6, 2020
- 2020 AIST Electric Arc Furnace Roundup, Association for Iron & Steel Technology, Jan. 2020
- Fact Book 2019, ArcelorMittal, 2020
- Fact Book 2018, ArcelorMittal, 2019