Archer Daniels Midland Cedar Rapids Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Archer Daniels Midland Cedar Rapids Power Plant is a 256.1-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station at the corn processing facility owned and operated by Archer Daniels Midland near Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Owner: Archer Daniels Midland
- Parent Company: Archer Daniels Midland
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 256.1 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 31.0 MW (1988), Unit 2: 31.0 MW (1988), Unit 3: 31.0 MW (1988), Unit 4: 31.0 MW (1988), Unit 5: 31.0 MW (1995), Unit 6: 101.1 MW (2000)
- Location: 1350 Waconia Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
- GPS Coordinates: 41.927344, -91.689879
- Technology: Subcritical Fluidized Bed Technology
- Coal type: Sub Bituminous and Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source: Gateway Mine (Peabody), North Antelope Rochelle Mine (Peabody)
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements:
- CO2 Emissions: 1,305,527 tons (2006), 2,616,899.1 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions: 3,395.58 tons (2008)
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions: 1743.34 tons (2008)
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "EIA 923 March 2020" EIA 923 2020.
- Iowa Operating Permit Application, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Iowa Operating Permit Application, Form 5.0, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Iowa and coal
- Archer Daniels Midland
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|