Archer Daniels Midland Mankato Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Mankato Cogeneration Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Archer Daniels Midland near Mankato, Minnesota. The plant provides power to ADM's Mankato soybean processing facility.
- Owner: Archer Daniels Midland
- Parent Company: Archer Daniels Midland
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 6.1 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 6.1 MW (1987)
- Location: 2019 3rd Ave., Mankato, MN 56001
- GPS Coordinates: 44.186724, -93.993437
- Technology: Subcritical Fluidized Bed Technology
- Coal type: Sub Bituminous and Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 92,209 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 144 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 9.37 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 169 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Minnesota and coal
- Archer Daniels Midland
- United States and coal
- Global warming