Argada coal mines
The Argada coal mines are a network of underground and opencast mines, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 4.225 million-tonnes-per-annum, in the South Karanpura coalfield, Jharkhand state, India.
The operating mines include: Argada, Gidi mines, Religara, and Sirka mines.
The map below shows the location of the Argada coal mines in the South Karanpura coalfield, Jharkhand state, India
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: South Karanpura coalfield, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.688736, 85.356277 (exact)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: Argada underground (0.085 MTPA), Gidi A opencast (0.5 MTPA), Gidi C opencast (0.6 MTPA), Religara (2 MTPA), Sirka opencast (1 MTPA), Sirka underground (0.04 MTPA).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Coalfields Limited, Statutory Clearances, accessed March 23, 2020