Arni Bersaudara coal project
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The Arni Bersaudara coal project (Arni) was a proposed coal mine, operated by PT Arni Bersaudaraon, a subsidary of PT Bestindo Energy, on two coal concessions in Muara Kaman, Kutai Kartanegara regency, Indonesia. The project has since been shelved.
The map below shows the approximate location of Arni Bersaudara 40 km north of the Mahakam River, near Menamang Kanan, Muara Kaman, Kutai Kartanegara regency, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
According to CoalSpot, the location of the concession is "approximately 40km north of the Mahakam River." A memorandum of understanding was proposed in 2013 by Arni Bersaudara with the Challenger Deep Resources Corp. subsidiary Bestindo Energy stating that Challenger may acquire 100% of Arni for payments totaling $2,414,181 CAD. Terms of the payment include $84,215 CAD upon signing, $308,790 CAD within 6 months of signing the [Conditional Share Purchase Agreement] and the balance of $2,021,176 CAD after all the essential permits to bring the project into production are in place, or a maximum of 24 months from initial CSPA signing."
No updates have been released since the 2013 MOU proposal.
- Owner: PT Arni Bersaudara
- Parent company: PT Bestindo Energy (Challenger Deep Resources Corp.)
- Location: Menamang Kanan, Muara Kaman, Kutai Kartanegara regency, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: 0.230969, 117.027477 (approximate)
- Mine status: Shelved
- Start year:
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine size: 5,913 hectares
- Mine type:
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Alexander Ginting (Publisher), Robert Sihotang (Project Leader), Reiner Simanjuntak, Johannes Simbolon, Tyasno Hery, Rudi Simangunsong, Adianto Simamora, Godang Sitompul, Romel S., Yuda Prihatna, Abdul Karim, lpunk AF [Paper Copy, Indonesian Coal Book 2016/2017] Petromindo.Com, May 2016 Release
- CHALLENGER SIGNS OPTION AGREEMENTS TO PURCHASE FOUR COAL PROJECTS IN INDONESIA Coalspot.com, March 11, 2013
- Wood Macenzie Mustika Indah Permai coal mine Asset Report, August 27, 2019