Arun LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Arun LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Parent: Pertamina Gas
- Location: Lhokseumawe, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 5.2234, 97.083 (exact)
- Capacity: 3 mtpa, 0.43 bcfd
- Additional Proposed Capacity:
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2015
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
PT Arun had 6 LNG trains near Lhokseumawe, Aceh, with a total capacity of 12.5 million tons per annum. The export terminal closed down due to lack of feed gas in 2014, and now Arun is used an LNG import terminal. It received its first LNG shipment in 2015. It has a capacity of 3 mtpa.
Articles and resources
- New LNG story begins for Arun terminal 2015
- Arun LNG Terminal, Wikipedia, accessed April 2017
- "Indonesia's Arun LNG to receive 20 LNG cargoes, reach 50% utilization by 2016: Pertamina," Platts, Sep 30, 2015
- "2017 World LNG Report" International Gas Union, Accessed June 20, 2017.